メニュー

2020年11月10日 - 千葉で安心の出産をするなら武田助産院

tel:047-488-0311

私の出産記

2020年11月10日

公開日:2022年02月26日(土)

Leading up to Malakai’s birth, I was anxious every day to go into labour. I was counting the days ever since I hit 38 weeks. I desperately wanted to go into natural and give birth with the midwives.

Leading up to Malakai’s birth, I was anxious every day to go into labour. I was counting the days ever since I hit 38 weeks. I desperately wanted to go into natural and give birth with the midwives. 

When I passed my due date, the head midwife gave me a jar of castor oil to drink if I didn’t go into labour by Tuesday evening I did not want to drink the oil, so I prayed to  God that I would go into labour before Tuesday night.

Tuesday morning, I woke up with cramps!  They got closer and closer together quite fast, and soon they were 5 minutes apart.  But, they were really easy cramps that made me think “Labour is easy!” 

We arrived at the midwifery to discover I was only 1.5cm, We went back home to rest and wait, when suddenly the contractions got redly strong.

After some difficult hours, we came back and I was 7/8cm! Being congratulated and told this information really lifted my spirits.  Making it to 10cm was hard, but all of the support kept me calm and without fear.

It was so comforting to have the midwives breathe with me. After using the cathedar, it was time to push! Pushing felt amazing and exciting. I was guided gently and productively. 

I loved feeling the progress of baby arriving. After 1.5 hours of pushing, Malakai arrived the world! 

I was in shook. I couldn’t believe I had done it without medicating, since that is the most common in Canada.

It was painful, but so positive. We kept the baby’s gender a secret, so I will never forget looking down and realizing we had a son! 

The rest of my stay was wonderful. The food was delicious, I felt safe, and felt so fortunate to be taught how to breastfeed, bathe, and change a diaper properly.

I will forever remember and be grateful for my first birth experience being at Yachiyo Midwifery.